Deadline for submissions
ARE YOU NEW TO PHOTOGRAPHY OR ALREADY AN ESTABLISHED PHOTOGRAPHER?
No problem! We want to see your photos! Here is YOUR opportunity to capture the theme of this competition is to illustrate with a photo what a Beaconhouse means to you. Feel free to use your imaginations here!
SEND IN YOUR ENTRIES TODAY
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All students from Beaconhouse Sri Inai International School, Newlands International School, Sri Murni Private National School & Sri Lethia Private National School are eligible to participate in the Beaconhouse Through The Lens 2018 Photography Competition.
Note: Parents, siblings, relatives, friends or another other person whether related or otherwise to the students of Beaconhouse Malaysia are not eligible to participate in the contest
WHAT IS NEXT >>
LOOK AROUND YOU!
In a creative and original way your photo(s) should capture and highlight the Beaconhouse spirit. The images you choose should showcase our school culture - life in the classroom and school, racial harmony, working as a team, competitiveness in sports etc
Among the aspects sought from the photos are reflections of
- Enthralling, enlightening and edifying moments at school
- Indiscernible and hidden moments that provide insights into the students of Beaconhouse
- Uplifting, contagious enthusiasm and inimitable energy in your subject matter
MEET THE REQUIREMENTS
- A maximum of 3 photos may be submitted by a photographer
- Photographers must be the sole author of the entries and hold all intellectual property rights to them
- Image files should be atleast 2 megabytes or larger, must be in JPEG or .jpg format
- Entries will only be accepted in digital format and can be digitally enhanced however not manipulated in any other way
- You must send your photo(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When sending photos, YOU MUST label your images as per the syntax “FULLNAME_YRLEVEL_SCHOOL_PHOTO1”
- Each photo should include the following information: Title, date shot, location, caption (maximum 100 words) explaining what the picture portrays
- Photos must be sent by 23:59 Midnight (Malaysian Standard Time) of 9th July 2018
By submitting the photographs in the Photography Competition under “Beaconhouse Through the Lens” the photographer agrees to comply and agree to the terms and conditions and copy right agreement laid by Beaconhouse Malaysia.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The participants grant Beaconhouse Malaysia Sdn Bhd, and other persons or entities authorized by Beaconhouse Malaysia, a free of charge, exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, worldwide license to use the copyright, related rights or any other intellectual property rights that have arisen by law or will arise by law in the prepared and submitted photos. Beaconhouse Malaysia is entitled to publish the photos, but has no obligation to do so. Beaconhouse Malaysia accepts no responsibility for technical or other disturbances that may impede the submission of your photo(s). By submitting your photo(s), you accept these Entry Rules and Conditions. Beaconhouse Malaysia expressly reserves the right to exclude photos if participants breach these Entry Rules and Conditions or in case of a corresponding cause or suspicion.
THE WINNING CRITERIA
A panel of judges will evaluate photos based on - Relevance to the objective of the contest - Adherence to the theme of the contest - Photo composition/lighting - Perspectives and angles to capture images - Originality - Caption
HAVE A QUESTION?
Feel free to write to us, we will be more than happy to be of assistance. MARKETING@BEACONHOUSE.EDU.MY
The following has been agreed and concluded between the Beaconhouse Malaysia Sdn Bhd, hereinafter referred to as the "BM" and the participant of the Beaconhouse Through The Lens Photography Competition hereinafter referred as "the photographer", together with the BM “the parties”:
- The photographer will provide to the BM original support (numeric files in high resolution) and will undertake to supply the most complete caption possible for each photograph.
- The photographer declares that the photographs were taken by himself/herself and guarantees that she/he holds all intellectual property rights over the photographs submitted to the exclusion of any other individual or legal entity.
- The photographer grants the transfer to BM the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, represent, broadcast, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, otherwise disseminate the photographs submitted by the photographer pursuant to this agreement, including the right to grant any number of sublicenses to other parties concerning any of the rights included in the license. If and when the BM publishes the photographs it will not endeavor to ensure that the photographer’s name appears.
- The photographer declares that it has received permission in writing from the subject(s) appearing in the photographs, through a consent form stating that the picture will be submitted to the “Beaconhouse Through The Lens” photograph contest and agreeing that the images may be used by the BM as provided for in this Agreement and the competition’s Terms and Conditions. Where the subject(s) in the photographs do not have the capacity to consent on his/her/their own, the photographer declares that this permission has been given and is valid in accordance with applicable laws - e.g. provided by legal representatives authorized to that effect.
- The photographer shall comply with other Terms and Conditions of the Beaconhouse Through The Lens photograph contest.
- Nothing in or relating to this Agreement will be deemed a waiver of any privileges and immunities of the BM.
- By entering the contest you agree to grant the BM a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, represent, broadcast, adapt, modify, create derivative works, publish, distribute, otherwise disseminate the photographs submitted by the photographer pursuant to this agreement, including the right to grant any number of sublicenses to other parties concerning any of the rights included in the license;
- Submission of an entry constitutes consent and agreement by the photographer and any person that is recognizable from the photo(s) to a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual license for BM to use, display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the photo(s) or portions of the photo(s) whether or not combined with other images, text and graphics, and cropped, altered or modified, on the internet of any suitable medium for awareness raising, information sharing, reporting, training and education, editorial, advertising, publicity, marketing, promotional purposes or any such purposes, without any compensation to the photographer;
- The BM reserves the right to use the photographs in publications such as magazines, reports, calendars, postcards, or any other suitable media;
- If and when the BM publishes the photographs BM doesn’t not guarantees that the photographer’s name appears in any manner;
- No photos will be returned;
The BM may maintain a Library of all photographs submitted for this contest and make them available to any responsible party wishing to use the photographs in a manner approved by the BM; The photographer, duly appointed representatives of the parties have agreed to the terms and conditions and copyright conditions by submitting and participating in the Beaconhouse Through The Lens Photography Competition.